I heard someone talking on the radio recently about the night when Peter denied knowing Jesus. He pointed out the fact that the Bible says that Jesus turned and looked at Peter. We may wonder why Jesus didn't ask Peter to testify on His behalf, ask him why he was denying and abandoning his Lord, or just bring him back to his senses.
When you think about it, since Jesus knows everything, He realized that if He spoke to Peter, Peter's cover would be blown. The people who had been accusing Peter of knowing Christ would be proven right, and Peter proven a liar. He saw Peter in his worst moment, as he made one of the worst choices he could ever make, and helped Him.
Jesus never changes, so, He still sees us in our worst moments and reaches out to us. He does not condemn us in our struggles, but desires to lend us aid.
"And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how He had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny Me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly." Luke 22:61-62
Oh my word Hannah, I love this song. Thanks so much for posting this. I love you. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Hannah that was really encouraging! Thanks for that timely word. My internet is being funky so I can't listen to the song, but I will when I get a chance. Thanks dear.
ReplyDelete(This is Lydia A., by the way. :) )