Sunday, September 18, 2011

::20 Questions::


Ok, so I know that I'm really late with this, but here goes! =)

1: A favorite book.
     ~The Bible, and Paperdoll: What Happens When an Ordinary Girl Meets an Extraordinary God by: Natalie Lloyd =) It will change your whole perspective on life, God's love for you, and the story of the Woman at the well. :)

2: A favorite quote.
     ~ "It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

3: A moment you wish you could relive.
     ~ May 27, 2011, mid-morning, at the end of Brett Harris's session at National Convention, when so many people cried out "Jesus Christ is Lord" in one resounding praise-filled voice. Gives me chills. God is so good. Really, to relive that whole morning and afternoon would be fabulous. ;)

4: Five things you couldn't possibly live without.
     ~ my Bible, my sister, my guitar, pen and paper, and God

5: An item off your Bucket List.
     ~ successfully fly a kite, on a gorgeous breezy beach day

6: A photo of you taken over ten years ago.
     ~ Sarah Grace on the left, and me on the right. Aren't we cute in the matching dresses Mom made us? =)
     

7: A photo of you taken recently.



8: A guilty pleasure.
     ~ Hershey's Bliss Chocolate with Raspberry Filling :)

9: A vacation you would like to take.
     ~ I want to go to France, and Italy with my sister, and I want it to not cost any money. ;)

10: A person you admire.
     ~ This is feeling repetitive... My sister, Sarah Grace is a person I greatly admire. She is real, genuine, sincere, gorgeous, honest, fun, hilarious, and a wonderful woman of God. She always brightens my days and inspires me to live better. :) 

11: Your dream job.
     ~ My dream job is to teach second graders in a title one school. I want a huge class full of children who need love, and need to know God, to teach and love on. :)

12: A hobby of yours.
     ~ My newest, and most favorite hobby, besides Good News Club, is playing the guitar.  =) I'm teaching myself and loving it. 

13: Something you know you do differently than most people.
     ~ I do most everything differently than most people. I hear myself talking in my head when I think or read, I like to sing tenor better than alto or soprano, and all my dreams seem to be crazy adventures. :)
14: A website.
     ~ teenpact.com Check out a state class or an alumni event, you won't regret it! =)

15: A way in which you want to be remembered.
     ~ I want to be remembered as a girl who encouraged often, gave more than took, and loved her God so fully and completely that His will always won over hers.

16: A recipe.
     ~ Recipe for Beauty: "For attractive lips, speak words of kindness. For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people. For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry. For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her hands through it once a day. For poise, walk with the knowledge that you'll never walk alone." ~Audrey Hepburn

17: A childhood memory.
     ~ I was about seven years old and my family was over at our best friend's house to play. My friend and I decided to climb the tree in their front yard for the bazillionth time. It was the kind of tree where there aren't limbs remotely close to the ground, so they had pounded nails into the trunk for "steps." He climbed up first and then I followed. When we finally decided to climb down, I froze. For some reason I just couldn't take that first step onto the nails! We ended up having to scream for our moms to come out of the house to help us. After much convincing and manipulation I jumped into my friend's mom's arms. Later that afternoon my mom was thanking my friend: "Chandler, thank you so much for staying up in that tree with Hannah while she was so scared, that was so kind and gentlemanly of you!" He promptly replied, "Well she was in the way, I couldn't get down!!!" Our families are still close friends and we can barely get together without this story being re-told...it always gives us a good laugh. =)

18: What you'd do with 10,000 dollars to spend in one day--no charities, gifts or college funds.
     ~ I'd buy a whole new wardrobe, a nice camera, a new phone, and I'd take a tour of the US visiting friends. 

19: A random fact about yourself.
     ~ I have a mental 'Bucket List' that nobody really knows about, and I have sung and spoke over the radio before. :)

20: Hopes, Dreams and plans you have for the next 365 days.
     ~ I hope to: graduate from high-school, continue teaching Good News Club, go on a missions trip, learn to play my guitar better, staff with TeenPact (or at least attend more TeenPact events), develop a deeper relationship with my Father God, and learn to love/see people the way God does.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've never actually read Paperdoll, but I follow Natalie Lloyd's blog and I LOVE the way she writes. Maybe I'll have to check that out sometime. (:

    If you ever get that $10,000, come visit meee!!

    I loved getting to hear more about you--and HOW have you sung/spoken over the radio before?! I want to hear about this....

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I loved it! I'm in the middle of reading it for the second time in 3 months! =)

    Oh, Ohio will totally be on that list. ;) Maybe I'll get the money right about the time your play Emma opens. ;)

    It was fun to write. :)

    I'm in the New Life Singers, a service-minded singing group with my church. We sang a program of about 8 or 10 songs at a church that broadcasts it's service live over their local radio. During the program our director asked me to give a testimony. So, I talked for 2 or 3 minutes about contentment/faith/God's provision. :)

    ReplyDelete